Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Super Truk'n for Dummies 5/5/09

Wow what a lot of excitement this post will bring and on top of that filled with a bundle of bad cell phone pics. Why do I do this? Mostly for the chicks.. that and to exercise my feeble mind a little bit as well as some kind of retrospective on how badly I want to either unwind my life or end it asap.

Ok so as usual this thing started off in true dirt trucking fashion: not good. It was supposed to go on Thurs. of last week with 4 trucks which then got turned down to 3. Guess who was #4? Ok so again and as usual they postponed til Friday it took these guys a full day to load truck #1 while #'s 2 & 3 jerked off then went on a rock haul. So now come Friday night I'm on again for Monday @ the crack of noon which then became 1.30 and after a whole bundle of drama became load today, drop tomorrow. Ok fine great. The loader crew was horrible. It's sad to think of so many qualified and professional operators in the union who are out of work but what the hell am I gonna do about it anyway.

So loaded and go and after consultation with mein fellow homeys we decide to rally and leave at 0415. Nice. At first I was opposed then I said what the hell; I mean this is truckin.. let the good times roll baby.

So here we go, 4.15 am I am amazingly on time in the middle of a May deluge. Give me a break, all the water rolls down 57th and goes into a DI right smack dab in the middle of our gate and it just doesn't fall into it it pools around it first and I'm talking like a 20 foot wide lake easy. It was virtually impossible to not wade through standing water anywhere in the damn yard so lo and behold by 4.30 I have wet socks but, good news, we're underway.

Our illustrious dispatch staff decided i had to leave Fido in the yard and hook Suzette up to an aluminum trailer. The reasoning as usual made no sense but I didn't really care. Fido's not road ready and needs a bunch of tires replaced. The last thing I want is a cap pealing 200 miles from home. The shitty part was that Suzette was in horrible shape albeit well lubed and greased sans fuel. I'd like to thank the last a'hole that drove her for leaving just barely enough gas to get to the pumps. The interior was as expected, a shambles. 1 1/2 hours later.. good as new? No not quite but good to go. The seat is in between not good and bad. My back hurt this morning and I only drove maybe 10 miles yesterday. Luckily the real pain comes tomorrow post this ride and not during.



Suzette





Fido





After a couple hours we got some light and the Central Cali valley became really beautiful. I think this is the only time of day I want to see the world's foodbank ever. Luckily I run the AC and turn up the heat a little and keep it on recycle so I only smell my own gas or spilled coffee while the chemical dawn of the valley stays outside of my windows. Check it out:




Something about Panoche Road, and of course not to be outdone by Little Panoche Road, I can never get out of my mind.





Almost there, sunny beautiful skies the whole way once we left the rain. Where did that knucklehead that was in front of me go?





Ta Da! We made it, safe and sound in the landfill; waiting for the management to release us to dump and it was quick. We're talking in & out in 45 minutes. Last time I was in this place it was still the 20th century although it doesn't seem like that long ago. You used to drive around and down into the landfill. Now you drive up to the top, only 1 more year to go at this place if they can't secure permits to open up a 2nd hole. Crazy, what would they do with the crap that goes here if they can't continue. It's 1 step away from hell so I can't imagine a better place to develop and nobody lives here or at least nobody should.

Ps. the CFN pumps down in Kettlemen... sweetness. The only place I've seen just as fast is Harris Ranch. Get the sandwiches in the gas station they're the same one's on the menu only half price. Fresh as fresh can be.



No comments:

Post a Comment